Date of confederation: 18-20 June 1997
Registration with the Securities and Exchange Commission
- No. A1997-19312
- Dated 13 October 1997
- 5,205 Irrigators Associations (IA) in national and communal irrigation systems
- 700,000 farmer-members
- 80 provincial federations
- 8 district federations
- 16 regional federations, including confederations in the two integrated systems
"We are the leading self-reliant National Farmers organization committed to uplift the quality of life of the Filipino irrigation farmers/families nationwide."
- To be a model National Farmers Organization in achieving a sustainable irrigation operation.
- To develop a coordinated support of all government institutions and non-government organizations to attain maximum food production.
- To represent the interest of the irrigation farmers and work with policy making bodies for their support to attain agricultural development.
- Increased rice and corn production.
- Improved marketing system.
- Establishment of cooperatives.
- Establishment of livelihood projects.
- Sustainable operation and maintenance of irrigation systems.
- Improved irrigation service fee collection.
- Improved crop processing.
- Continuous education and training.
- IA radio program for regular information dissemination.
- IA group insurance and mutual fund.
- Socio-political and entrepreneurial linkages.