By 2022, NIA is a professional and efficient irrigation agency contributing to the inclusive growth of the country and in the improvement of the farmers' quality of life.
To plan, construct, operate and maintain irrigation systems consistent with integrated water resource management principles to improve agricultural productivity and increase farmers' income.
To develop and maintain irrigation systems in support of the agricultural program of the government;
To provide adequate level of irrigation service on a sustainable basis in partnership with the farmers and local government units;
To provide technical assistance to institutions in the development of water resources for irrigation;
To improve and sustain the operation of NIA as a viable corporation and service-oriented agency.
Commitment - Integrity - Professionalism
We commit to provide efficient, effective, and sustainable irrigation services aimed towards the highest satisfaction of the Filipino farmers.
We strive for the attainment of our strategic themes of Technical and Operational Excellence, and Good Governance through Partnership with the farmers and other relevant interested parties.
We commit to establish programs that prevent work-related injury and ill health, and encourage participation and consultation workers within Agency.
We abide with applicable legal and international requirements and we remain dedicated to the core values of Commitment, Integrity and Professionalism, to continually improve the NIA’s Integrated Management System.
- Increased Irrigated Areas Contributing to Agricultural Productivity;
- Attain Satisfaction of Farmers;
- Improve Planning, Design and Implementation of Irrigation and Multi-purpose Projects to be Climate Change Adaptive;
- Ensure Efficient and Effective Operation and Maintenance of Irrigation Systems;
- Improve Budget Utilization and Revenue Generation from non-irrigations sources;
- Adopt a Results-Based Performance Culture; and
- Improve Management Information Systems and Processes.